ICOB is excited to announce that Mufti Suhail and attorney Christopher A. Benson will conduct an interactive workshop on inheritance and estate planning called “Passing On”. This is a unique workshop tailored to comply with Islamic Law as well as Washington State Law and will be presented by experts in both these fields respectively.
When: Saturday, April 29th
Time: 2 pm to 6 pm
Time: 2 pm to 6 pm
Where: ICOB (3300 Monte Villa Pkwy, Bothell, WA, 98021)
The workshop will entail the following discussions:
- The importance of estate planning and the laws of inheritance.
- Tax implications due to lack of estate planning and their solution.
- Estates of single persons and married couples.
- The correct way of drawing up your Last Will and Testament so that complies with both Islamic Law and Washington State Law.
- Common errors and solutions regarding estate planning and the distribution of Estates.
- Guidelines to ensure timely burial and effective distribution of the estate after demise.
- Custody of children – including US born children to immigrant parents.
- Health planning.
- Offshore assets.
What is special about this workshop:
- You can kick start your Will process at the workshop.
- The proposed Will template has been reviewed in detail by Mufti Suhail.
- You will have opportunity to get your final Will reviewed by Mufti Suhail to ensure that your custom scenario complies with the Islamic Law
Registration Link: Click here to register for the workshop.
Insha’ Allah there will be Q/A session with the attorney and the Sheikh after the presentation. Below are the details for attorney Christopher A Benson:
Over the past 25 years, attorney Christopher A. Benson has assisted over 1,000 people with their estate planning needs. Chris is admitted to practice law in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Arizona. Mr. Benson is rated nationally as “Superb” with a 9.5 rating among all attorneys in the United States by www.AVVO.com. Chris has a diverse background in estate planning and real estate transactions; therefore, the Law Offices of Christopher A. Benson, PLLC has office locations in all four States to better handle his clients’ needs. Mr. Benson is also admitted to practice in United States Federal Court.Chris has an extensive background in working with a wide variety of people. Mr. Benson served on the Board of Directors for Habitat for Humanity Seattle/S. King County for 10 years and served as Vice President of the organization during part of that time.At the Law Offices of Christopher A. Benson, PLLC, we refer to estate planning as “Peace of Mind Planning” because that is what it is really all about: Your Peace of Mind in knowing that things are handled to make things easier on you and your loved ones.
Our law firm takes pride in providing high quality legal representation for our clients. We work hard to make sure that each and every client is treated with respect in a professional manner to help the client achieve their goals.Client Reviews and Testimonials Are Available at: www.cbenson.com/reviewsMore Information concerning Estate Planning Available at: www.cbenson.com